Have a favorite area ride? Email us at email@example.com
Photos and Stories Welcome!
Photos and Stories Welcome!
Motorcycle Rides in North Carolina
- Wild Dam Waterfall Loop
Ride Distance: 87.7 Miles Ride Time: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes minimum, at least 1/2 day to see it right
- Cold Mountain Loop - US 276 / NC 215 / Blue Ridge Parkway
Ride Distance: 44.1 miles Ride Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- One SICK Loop
Ride Distance: 51.6 miles Ride Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- The Dragon and Cherohala Skyway Plus
Ride Distance: 109 miles Ride Time: 3 hours, plus time for gas and photos at the overlooks
- Land of the Waterfalls Loop Ride
Ride Distance: 175 miles Ride Time: 5 hours riding time, make a day of it
- The Rattler - NC 209
Ride Distance: 32.7 miles Ride Time: 45 minutes - 1 hour
- The Blue Ridge Parkway and Lake James Loop
Ride Distance: 89.7 miles Ride Time: 2.75 hours plus time for gas, food, photos, views and attractions
- Murder Mountain Run
Ride Distance: 114 Miles Ride Time: 3 1/2 hours, plus time for gas, food, photos, etc
- The Diamondback - NC 226A
Ride Distance: 12 miles Ride Time: 30 minutes
- Roan Mountain - The Fast Way
Ride Distance: 42.6 miles Ride Time: 1 hour 30 minutes, time for views and photos
Hot Springs Loop
The map shows a motorcycle loop ride that takes you across the border to Flag Pond, TN., then loops you back to Hot Springs.
- Leaving Hot Springs, go east on US 25 / 70 making the gentle climb then descent to the junction with NC 208 at Hurricane.
- Turn north (left) and follow NC 208 along the winding river. As you come to the junction of NC 208 and NC 212 note the small bridge over the creek. Guntertown Road is on the right just before the bridge, NC 212 is at the stop sign once you cross the bridge.
- The north leg ( NC 212 / TN 352 ) of the triangle shaped motorcycle ride is a pretty nice cruise following along creeks and streams for the most part with a few tricky curves thrown in to keep you on your toes.
- The east leg ( TN 23 / US 23 ) is pretty relaxed riding, there are a couple passing zones on the long inclines. You’ll want to keep an eye out for the turn onto Big Laurel Road, then hold on for the wild ride back.
- Big Laurel Road is the south leg of the loop and full of tricky curves. Be alert for scattered debris in a couple of the hairpins around bluff faces. Walnut Creek Road spurs off to the south, be sure you veer in the correct direction when you reach this junction to remain on Big Laurel Road.
- Guntertown Road leads you east to the small bridge on NC 208. Retrace your path to return to Hot Springs.
- Courtesy of smokymountainrider.com
Canton, North Carolina Loop
Step-by-step Route: (uses NC 215 instead of NC 110, either does the job)
- Start in Canton. Follow NC 215 to Bethel.
- 5.4 mi Turn left @ stop sign onto Sonoma Road. Junction NC 215 and Sonoma Road.
- 6 mi Turn right @ stop sign onto NC 110. Junction Sonoma Road and NC 110.
- 6.4 mi Turn left @ traffic light onto US 276. Junction NC 110 / US 276 / NC 215. Follow to Blue Ridge Parkway.
- 20.9 mi Left turn onto ramp to Blue Ridge Parkway.
- 21 mi Turn right onto Blue Ridge Parkway (towards Asheville). Follow to next exit.
- 27.3 mi Turn left onto NC 151. Junction Blue Ridge Parkway and NC 151. Steep descent with tight switchbacks.
- 39.1 mi Continue through traffic light @ US 19 onto Dogwood Road. Traffic light. Junction NC 151 and US 19.
- 41.4 mi Turn right onto Hookers Gap Road. Junction Dogwood Road and Hookers Gap Road. Poorly marked, be alert for this turn.
- 46.5 mi Cross Newfound Road @ stop sign to continue on Morgan Branch Road. Junction Hookers Gap Road and Newfound Road.
- 49 mi Unpaved section of road for short distance. Cross single lane bridge.
- 49.4 mi Turn right @ stop sign onto S. Turkey Creek Road.
- 52.4 mi Turn left @ stop sign onto NC 63 (New Leicester Highway). Junction S. Turkey Creek Road and NC 63.
- 53.7 mi Turn left onto N. Turkey Creek Road. Junction NC 63 and N. Turkey Creek Road.
- 55.1 mi Keep right on Earlys Mountain Road. Junction N. Turkey Creek Road and Earlys Mountain Road.
- Earlys Mountain Road becomes Big Sandy Mush Road.
- 59.6 mi Turn left onto Willow Creek Road. Junction Big Sandy Mush Road / Willow Creek Road / Bald Creek Road.
- Willow Creek Road becomes Beaverdam Road
- 69.6 mi Turn right @ stop sign onto Newfound Road and follow into Canton. Junction Beaverdam Road and Newfound Road.
- 71 mi Stop sign. Junction Beaverdam Road and Main Street in Canton.
- Courtesy of beforeitsnews.com